We all are in the constant habit of using the same password on all the sites that we use. This makes our work easier in the first go, but on the other hand, it gives the hackers a chance of stealing the important data that we do not want others to see. So, with the increased cases of data stealing, the invention of password managers took place. They basically manage all our passwords used for different sites. One can obviously try and remember all their passwords, but using a password manager makes it way easier. Firefox has recently launched a password manager called Firefox Lockbox. Here are the points that can help in using it.
- Before you go and install the Firefox lockbox and use it, you should note this thing in your mind that this is specially designed for Firefox web browser only. So, if you are using this browser, then only you will get the benefit of it.
- This also means that if you have saved all your logins there, then the passwords will be managed easily.
- To install this application on your PC, you first have to download it. You can use any software to download this application.
- After that is done, you need to sign in your Firefox account. Once you do this, all the passwords will be copied.
- Once the last step is done, the credentials will be encrypted by 256-bit and it won’t be possible for even Mozilla also to access it.
- Along with that, you can even do something to add extra protection to the app. Add a fingerprint or additional password.
There are other password manager options also, but you should check all the pros and cons of it. However, Firefox lockbox is a good option to try.